Thursday, June 5, 2014

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Not a lot to update with.  His platelets were at3 this morning, so he got 1 unit of platelets.  He also got 1 unit of blood.  I had my first taxi ride ever, went to the drug store to get a few items.  This morning I was told that I would have to begin wearing  gown and gloves whenever I am in the room with him, even when sleeping.  Not looking forward to it, but will do it to keep him safe.  Right now it looks like he may be released on Monday.  We will still have to remain in Houston for at least 30 days for out patient testing/treatment.  Figuring finances has been difficult since he is not working and will be unable  to work for some time.  Just keeping my faith and trusting the Lord to provide (which is hard for me because I'm a big fat worrier!).  Marty started his 3rd round chemo around 4, he is still doing and feeling well.  The nurse told us that many of the bad side effects don't really start showing up until around day 10.

On the bright side, Marty's  brother Ben came to visit today and we all had a nice visit. Oh, and we discovered that his room faces the care flight helipad, so we got to see the helicopter land a couple of times today.

2 comments: