Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 Update

Marty will begin chemo today.  It will last for 5 days and if all goes well then he will become an out patient for 30 days.  We will have to remain in Houston during that time.  Then, if all goes well, we can return home and only have to come up here once a month and we will need to find an oncologist/leukemia specialist at home where he will need to have tests run several times a week.  After he is in remission, they are recommending a stem cell transplant, which has a good chance of him being cured.  If they do the stem cell transplant he will be in the hospital in Houston for 3 months.  They are planning on getting stem cells from one or both of his brothers if they are a match (which they should be).  That's all there is for the day.  He is still in good spirits and is feeling healthy.

Oh, his platelet level was up this morning from yesterday.  Yesterday he was at 1,000, today he was at 3,000.  He is getting 1 unit of platelets today.  Blood levels were good, so he will not be getting any blood today.


  1. I'm praying for you Marty. God has everything undet control. I can't wait to hear the testimony you will have from this.

  2. Marty,
    We have tons of prayer going "up" for you daily. Noticed in this photo you appear as though you need "radio contacts"..let us know what we can do to make that happen!
    Leon k5zzm and Carolyn kd5glm

  3. Blessing. For you ,happy fathers day,keep within. Energy,love,passion, we need you home soon.
    Namaste ...my internal god ,is blessing. Yours. KE5UBP. JORGE AND MYRIAM GAETE